ページ

Active Guard Skill

 How are you all doing, this is the author. 

The weather has turned cold and wintery where I live. The game I play, Gundam Battle Operation 2, is having its GBO Winter Festival 2021, and the base camp in the game is also in winter. For those of you who live in the summer season, this is an unseasonal event, but please bear with me.

  To celebrate the event, the Battle Simulator Mission has been updated as one of the event contents in the game. The update includes content that allows you to try out the Moon Gundam, the main character's mobile suit from Mobile Suit Moon Gundam.

 I'm happy to say that my favorite mobile armor, Psycho Gundam, is back. While I'm happy, I'm somewhat disappointed that we don't get to see Psycho Gundam's beautiful mobile armor form in the game, as we did in the original Mobile Suit Z Gundam.

  One of Psycho Gundam's rivals is the Gundam Mk-II. My wish is to use FA Gundam Mk-II, a full-armored version of that mobile suit, and try to withstand Psycho Gundam's fierce attacks with my Active Guard skill. Unfortunately, I don't have an FA Gundam Mk-II, so I haven't been able to fulfill that wish yet.

  The Active Guard skill is a very powerful defensive tool in anti-personnel combat, but it also carries a high risk of being attacked unprotected. The FA Gundam Mk-II is the first to be equipped with this skill.

 This mobile suit does not have the Evasion skill or Maneuver Armor skill that many other mobile suits have. The reason for this, in my opinion, is probably that the devs wanted to see how the Active Guard skill would affect the game.

  In the early battle scenes of GBO2, shield and evasion skills gave mobile suits great survivability. These skills were a privilege that only a few mobile suits possessed. As time went on and the development and management did some balancing, unowned mobile suits gained similar evasion skills, alternative skills, and higher durability than the norm in the cost range, to even out the playing field in the game.

  I believe that a good environment for a combat game is one where the game is balanced and there is little uncertainty. I have always felt that the developers and management are not satisfied with that environment. This is because they are often adding new mobile suits, or adding new skills and weapons to existing mobile suits that are losing their individuality. These are measures to reorganize the existing game balance. In this way, I think they are aiming to create a higher-order environment than before.

  The Active Guard skill that I'm focusing on is one that could have an impact on that environment. I'm looking forward to seeing more mobile suits with this skill in the future. This is because I really want to play with this skill.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿